A used car is always a good option when you are just starting out with your driving, or if you have recently moved to a new place. You need a car to get around. If you have recently migrated to the place from another country, a used car is the ideal thing to have to get around and familiarize yourself with your new surroundings. A second-hand car is not that expensive and if you are lucky you can get one to drive for life! If a dealer is ready to take cash, that is an added advantage for the newcomer who hasn’t yet opened a checking account with a bank. This kind of dealership is equally good for someone who is leaving town and wants to trade in their car for cash. If cars are valued by Kelly Blue Book Standards, then it is a reliable benchmark.
The dealerships you want to work with should be established. If you are new to the city, you could ask around and you will be directed to the ones with a long-standing reputation. These are reliable dealers. They have been around for decades and know cars like nobody else. A visit to their website and the number of models they deal in will vouch for their experience and reliability. Some of them are helpful. They do not require a credit check. But this is not to say they have no systems in place. They have all the backup documents of their prospective customers in the form of bank statements, current proof of income, Income tax returns, employment history, home lease agreement copies, utility, and cell phone bill copies for their records.
How to go about finding that best used car for yourself
· Do your research on the models you are thinking about. There are plenty of automotive websites offering professional reviews. There are also the users reviews after they have bought the cars. Look for any negative comments about the model in online forum discussions. This can help you negotiate for a lower price because of known problems https://www.topspeed.com/cars/simple-steps-to-remove-window-tint-ar188652.html.
· Choose your purchase point carefully – a new car dealer is a good source for later model used cars as they are the first to receive trade-ins and lease returns. However, used car dealers have a variety to choose from and you can be sure of picking up something to your satisfaction. But beware – if the price is too low, there are chances that this could be an accident repair car.
· Observe the car closely. Look out for a damp smell which is indicative of a water leak somewhere. Look for an overspray of paint on the fenders and door seals as well as wheel liners, which indicate previous damage. Fresh undercoating may be hiding major repairs. A dark transmission fluid is not a healthy sign either. Get an experienced technician to have a look over too.
· Test drive the car for a good hour, taking it on the highway and over potholes too to see how it holds up. Listen for any unusual noises etc.
· You can try to get a better deal too, since the profit margin on used cars is quite substantial. A used car dealer would be happy to part with a small part of his profit.